Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bloodchild

While reading this I wasn’t sure what to expect and then I found myself thinking, “what am I reading?” This story gave me the chills. Thinking about being some host to an alien child that lives and feeds off you, does not sound to appeasing. I was surprised at how gory and detailed the story was, I haven’t read something that disturbing and gruesome, at times I noticed I had to look away due to the descriptive details At first it was hard to comprehend what was going on, the cage, the eggs but then things started making sense. I don’t think this is a story I would read again, a little to graphic and disturbing for me. I’m not a huge alien fanatic sure I’ve seen Sigourney Weaver in Alien but I don’t think I’ll be reading this story, ever again. Thinking of worms crawling in your body and then later on being sliced open like a grapefruit is an idea I don’t believe I want to dwell on or imagine, even though I can’t get the disturbing pictures out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment