Saturday, May 1, 2010

Repost Golden Compass

For my rewrite or repost I’m revisiting the Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. Since my last post, I also have read the Subtle Knife and shortly will read the Amber Spyglass. Looking back again on the book I still feel bad for Lyra even though she is stubborn and selfish, she is betrayed many times by the people in her life. The people that are supposed to provide her with the most support and protection just constantly betray her. I also still feel that the Golden Compass displays some good character building traits like being independent and having the strength to get through anything no matter how hard it might be. The background and creation of the world that Lyra lives in is just what the fantasy genre is about. Philip Pullman transforms his writings into another world for his readers allowing them to submerge themselves in another world while reading his book. A world with a talking armored bear, flying witches, and daemons. Although I still remain strong on my opinion earlier that the religious undertones in this book should not stop anyone from enjoying it because they are not that significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment