Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hobbit

I never read the Hobbit till this semester – Of course like everyone else I have seen the lord of the ring movies in addition, I recall seeing a cartoon when I was younger about the hobbit. But moving on– I read it and liked it, I enjoy fantasy genres where they take you into another world. Especially this book because it’s somewhat adult but it’s still a children’s story. When I was buying the book I was debating on whether to get the regular version or the annotated – the regular version has many colored illustrations but I decided to get the annotated version instead and I’m glad I did. The annotated version was great because along with the story I was able to read all the interesting notes and pieces of information about the creation and explanation of different parts within the book which made the book even more enjoyable. All the pieces of information that you are curious about when reading a book are made available to you through the side notes. I could see myself reading this book again, I will do that over the summer – when I have more time to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment