Friday, March 5, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Seth Grahame Smiths Pride and Prejudice and Zombies….hmmmm….what to say, what to say. I have to honestly say I couldn’t make it through the whole book. I have never read the real Pride and Prejudice so I can’t comment on the original (I might like the original) but I don’t like this one. I find it exceptionally hard to fathom Zombies during that time, when women are going to balls and being married off on one hand but on the other carrying weapons and becoming a fleet of crazy zombie fighting chicks. It doesn’t work!! I found the whole concept of zombies, ninjas irritating. If you’re a freshman in high school this might work by getting students attention, etc. but I do not feel it flowed properly and there is just too much of a contrast between that era and throwing zombies in it. If you look at Pirates of the Caribbean where Keira Knightly is not “supposed” to be wielding a sword but does so…that works, this does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment